Buying Art Supplies in Jakarta – a Where to Guide
Are you an artist? Or are you someone who just likes to be crafty? Then you must be looking for places to get your art supplies. Art supplies can be difficult to collect since one place might not have all you need. Whether you are a painter, sculptor, designer, or any kind of artist- you must’ve experienced hopping one place to another to get what you need. Our advice for you is once you have found the things you need in a store, buy some of them to stock up. At this point, you must be wondering where you can get your art supplies in Jakarta. Well, here are the best stores!
Read also: 6 Best Bookstores in Jakarta
Workshops and Classes in Jakarta
It is the leading bookstore in Indonesia. Most Indonesians go to Gramedia to get every kind of book they need (yes, it is THAT complete). Here, you can shop not only for books but also for art supplies as well. Even though the range of the art supplies maybe not as complete as the ones being sold at specialized art stores in Jakarta, you can find basic things you need here. If you want to go to a branch which is the biggest of all Gramedia stores, go to the one in Matraman. Since the place is much bigger, they also have more complete stuff including art supplies.
Phone Number: (021) 8509733
Social Media: @gramediabooks on Instagram
- Jl. Matraman Raya No.46-48, RT.12/RW.2, Kb. Manggis, Kec. Matraman, Kota Jakarta Timur, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 13150
- Jl. Prof. DR. Satrio No.18, RT.14/RW.4, Kuningan, Karet Kuningan, Kecamatan Setiabudi, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12940
- Jl. Ps. Baru, RT.6/RW.1, Ps. Baru, Kecamatan Sawah Besar, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10710
Opening Hours: 09.00 – 21.30 (Monday – Sunday)
It is a heaven for art and craft materials. They provide various kinds of art supplies to indulge your artistic senses in Jakarta. Whether you are a professional artist or a doodle sketcher, you will be delighted to visit this place and buy all the things you fall in love with. If you have a difficult time finding the items you want, ask the store employees for assistance during your visit.
Phone Number: (021) 39831850
Social Media: @artland_store on Instagram
- Menteng Huis Lt. No.2, Jalan Cikini Raya No.2-4, Menteng, RT.13/RW.5, Cikini, Kec. Menteng, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10330
- Jl. R.A.Kartini No.9, RT.9/RW.7, Lb. Bulus, Kec. Cilandak, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12440
- Jalan Boulevard Kelapa Gading Gading Walk, Lantai Dasar Unit GW 01/11, RT.13/RW.18, Klp. Gading Tim., Kec. Klp. Gading, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14240
Opening Hours: 11.00 – 18.00 (Monday – Sunday)
Established in 2001, Artemedia Hidayat Indonesia focuses on the distribution of painting supplies such as paints, medium, canvas, brush, paper, and pencils. At the end of 2017, Artemedia has reached more customers through 42 offline stores that are spread all over Indonesia. Artemedia aims to be the leading store in providing high-quality products for students, college students, to professional artists. They want to support the growth of the art industry in Indonesia.
Phone Number: (021) 7265543
Social Media: @artemedia_shop on Instagram
- Jl. Sultan Iskandar Muda No.16-D, RT.11/RW.9, Pd. Pinang, Kec. Kby. Lama, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12310
- Jl. Cikini Raya No.55 A, RT.16/RW.1, Cikini, Kec. Menteng, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10330
Opening Hours: 08.00 – 18.00 (Monday – Sunday)
4. Toko Prapatan
Established in 1955, Toko Prapatan started off as a stationery store that also sells textbooks. As time goes by, this store has expanded to fulfill customer needs by adding local and imported painting tools. Then, they continue to add sculpting kit, textile, and airbrush so artists can get what they need in this store. If it hasn’t sounded like they sell everything in one place, they also sell sporting goods. Since 2015, they started a website so people can buy their products online in the comfort of their own homes.
Phone Number: (021) 8591 3989 | (021) 8591 3988
Social Media: @tokoprapatan on Instagram
Address: Jl. Raya Jatinegara Timur no. 21, Jatinegara, Jakarta Timur | Jl. RS. Fatmawati Raya No.5B, RT.1/RW.3, Cilandak Bar., Kec. Cilandak, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12430
Opening Hours: 08.30 – 19.00 (Monday – Sunday)
It is a stationery store that sells a quite wide range of art supplies in Jakarta. Here, they provide many art tools and equipment from different brands. Each brand has different quality and price so you can find one that will suit you the best. Not only professional art supplies, but Paperclip also has children’s craft kits so you can teach them to be crafty from an early time. Paperclip also sells books but they focus more on stationery and art supplies, so don’t expect to see many books here.
Phone Number: (021) 5700069
Social Media: @paperclip.indonesia on Instagram
- Mid Plaza, Jl. Jend. Sudirman No.10-11, RT.10/RW.11, Karet Tengsin, Tanahabang, Central Jakarta City, Jakarta 10220
- Cibubur Junction, Jl. Jambore No.1, RT.8/RW.7, Cibubur, Kec. Ciracas, Kota Jakarta Timur, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 13720
- Mall KOTA KASABLANKA Kasablanka Raya Kav.88, Jl. Kota Bambu Selatan, RT.14/RW.5, Menteng Dalam, Kota Jakarta Selatan, DKI Jakarta, Kota Jakarta Barat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12870
Opening Hours: 08.00 – 17.00 (Monday – Saturday)
Mura means ‘village’ in Japanese. Basically, Artmura is a ‘village of art’. This store has a comfortable and artistic environment that will boost your mood and sense of art. They have a wide variety of brands to fulfill your artistic cravings. From sketchbook, oil paints, acrylic paints, brush pens, to comic ink- you can find all of them here! They are no ordinary store. On the 2nd floor, they have a painting studio. They also have a package called ‘field trip package’ where visitors will be taught how to paint masks and umbrella. Is there any store that could provide this much fun? If you are interested in knowing more about their classes, don’t hesitate to give them a call!
Phone Number: (021) 66674902
Social Media: @artmura_ on Instagram
Address: Jl. Pluit Raya No.132, Penjaringan, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14440
Opening Hours: 08.00 – 22.00 (Monday – Saturday)
From tubes of paints to art classes, now you know where to get them all around Jakarta. Shop for your art supplies, and get ready to unleash your inner artist!
Also, check on our main website if you want to choose the best co-living options in Jakarta!