Jakarta’s CBD: The Golden Triangle
You might have been living in Jakarta for a while or you have just came to Jakarta and you still can’t quite pinpoint where is the downtown of Jakarta. CBD or Central Business District is conveniently bordered. Here we will breakdown the things you need to know on CBD Jakarta.
What is the Central Business District (CBD) Jakarta?
Located in the subdistricts of Menteng, Tanah Abang, Setiabudi, Kebayoran Baru, and Mampang Prapatan, like its name, it’s mainly home to many growing companies from various businesses, financial, and diplomatic establishments are located in the area. This has made the area filled with many office buildings and probably some of the tallest skyscrapers in Indonesia.
With many businesses established here, housing, entertainment, hotels, shopping malls, and even culinary goods have been growing at a slightly expensive price even to the level of being prestigious. What is more interesting is that the legislative offices of Indonesia are also located in this area. Having all that in one place has made this area the center of Jakarta with traffic jams and crowded streets.
Why is it called The Golden Triangle of Jakarta?
One of the obvious reasons why it is called The Golden Triangle is that it has many prestigious attractions, residents, and buildings. Not only are they prestigious but some are actually some important buildings representing the country itself. The area is also developed into a smart city area with many friendly and easy facilities that you could enjoy.
Besides that reason, it is literally a triangular-shaped area extending from Central Jakarta to South Jakarta. The borders, or what has made this triangular-shaped area are three main business roads namely, Thamrin Avenue-Sudirman Boulevard (North-Southwest), Rasuna Said Avenue (North-Southeast), and Gatot Subroto Avenue (East-West). Three points of the triangle which formed the area are,
- Youth statue in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta
- Arjuna statue in Merdeka Square, Central Jakarta
- Dirgantara statue in Pancoran, South Jakarta
Read also : Things To Do in Kebayoran Baru
What could you find in CBD?
So far, you’ve known that CBD consists of many areas, here are some of the areas that you’ll find and things you could do in that area:
1. Sudirman Central Business District
SCBD is located in Senayan, Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta. It is known to be the biggest and most developed area in CBD. It has many condominiums, office buildings, hotels, shopping, and entertainment centers all modern and luxurious. Here are some places you could find:
- Go Shopping at Pacific Place Mall, SCBD, Jl. Jend. sudirman kav 52-53 No.5, RW.3, Senayan, Kec. Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190
- Let your kids explore their future in Kidzania: Pacific Place, SCBD, Jl. Jend. Sudirman No.Kav. 52-53, RT.5/RW.3, Senayan, Kec. Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190
- Eat Indonesia’s traditional food at PASOLA: SCBD, Sudirman Central Business District, Jl. Jend. sudirman kav 52-53, RT.5/RW.3, Senayan, Kec. Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190
- Enjoy coffee at Blumchen Coffee: Fairground SCBD Lot 14, Jl. Jend. sudirman kav 52-53 No.Kav 52-53, RT.5/RW.3, Senayan, Kec. Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190
- Grab a drink at Lucy In The Sky: Fairgrounds Building, Jl. Jend. sudirman kav 52-53 No.Lot 22, RT.5/RW.3, Senayan, Kec. Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190
2. Senayan, Kebayoran Baru
Of course, areas outside the SCBD Senayan itself are also important. There are many headquarters of the national legislative, headquarters of Jakarta’s police station, office buildings, and residential areas that even Indonesian government ministers have their official residences there. Here are some places that you could find:
- Go shopping at Senayan City Mall: Jl. Asia Afrika No.19, RT.1/RW.3, Gelora, Kecamatan Tanah Abang, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10270
- Visit Gelora Bung Karna Stadium: Jl. Pintu Satu Senayan, Gelora, Kecamatan Tanah Abang, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10270
- Grab a coffee at Monolog: Plaza Senayan Mall CP 101 B, Palm Gate Entrance, Jalan Asia Afrika No.8, Gelora, Tanah Abang, RT.1/RW.3, Gelora, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10270
- Enjoy a Japanese restaurant at Bijin Nabe by Tsukada Nojo ID: Plaza Senayan, Jl. Asia Afrika No.8, RT.1/RW.3, Gelora, Tanahabang, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10270
3. Mega Kuningan, Setiabudi
Mega Kuningan Setiabudi is like the SCBD of the area. It is a business district with an integrated mixed-use development concept. There are at least 5 Embassy’s in this area, many business offices, and famous hotels. Here are some places that you could also find in Mega Kuningan:
- Go shopping at Bellagio Boutique Mall: Jl. Mega Kuningan Barat No.3, RT.5/RW.2, Kuningan, Kuningan Tim., Kecamatan Setiabudi, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 15810
- Enjoy a Western-Asian restaurant and their bar at J.Sparrow’s Bar & Grill: Noble House Mega Kuningan Lantai GF Jalan Dr. Ide Anak Agung Gde Agung Kav. E4.2 No.2, RT.5/RW.2, Kuningan, Kuningan Tim., Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12950
- Enjoy coffee at Meanwhile Coffee: Kuningan Guest House, Jl. Perintis Jl. Mega Kuningan Barat No.16, RT.3/RW.5, Kuningan, Kuningan Tim., Setia Budi, Jakarta, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12950
4. Rasuna Epicentrum, Setiabudi
Another area in Setiabudi is Rasuna Epicentrum, it is one of the biggest mega superblock area in Jakarta. It consists of many TV stations and residential areas. Here are some of the places you could visit:
- Go shopping at Plaza Festival Kuningan Mall: Jalan Haji R. Rasuna Said Kav. C 22, RT.2/RW.5, Karet Kuningan, Kecamatan Setiabudi, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12940
- Enjoy Asian cuisine and wine at Liquid Exchange: Epiwalk Lantai Ground, Jl. H. R. Rasuna Said, RT.2/RW.5, Setiabudi, Karet Kuningan, RT.2/RW.5, Karet Kuningan, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12940
- Have coffee at Luckycat Coffee &Kithcen: Parkir Selatan Plaza Festival, Jl. H. R. Rasuna Said No.C22, RT.2/RW.5, Karet Kuningan, Kecamatan Setiabudi, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12940
Thamrin is actually a street, as mentioned before, it is one of the biggest street that makes up CBD of Jakarta and probably one of the prestigious areas. It has many attractions and business buildings, here are some of the places that you could visit:
- Shop at Grand Indonesia: Jl. MH Thamrin No.1, RW.5, Menteng, Kec. Menteng, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10310
- Shop at Plaza Indonesia: Jl. M.H. Thamrin No.9, RT.9/RW.5, Gondangdia, Menteng, Central Jakarta City, Jakarta 10350
- Enjoy Europe and Asian cuisine with a glass of wine at Sana Sini Restaurant: Pullman Jakarta Indonesia (Lobby Level, Jl. M.H. Thamrin No.59, RT.9/RW.5, Gondangdia, Kec. Menteng, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10350
Transportation: Of course, CBD has lots of public transportation facilities. There are 3 routes of the TransJakarta bus and there are at least 6 of their terminals. While there are also at least 6 of MRT stations, and there are 3 KRL train stations, namely Sudirman, Cikini and Gondangdia
There you have your guide through CBD Jakarta, we hope you have a great picture of Jakarta’s Golden Triangle. Enjoy getting around these areas! Don’t forget to check out other recommended areas!