Fancy Night In: 3-Course Meal Recipe
Don’t you hate it when you love having people over for dinner but you’re not confident enough with your cooking skills? Everyone knows cooking a big, fancy, 3-course meal at home can sound intimidating. It’s easier to enjoy a nice meal at a restaurant and avoid the pressure in the kitchen. But it doesn’t necessarily mean you can’t prepare it yourself.
We’ve put together the recipes of a 3-course meal menu with simple ingredients so that you can enjoy a nice fancy dinner night-in with the people you love without having mini panic attacks in the kitchen!
Let’s start with an Appetizer: Kale Salad with Honey Vinaigrette
Start your dinner with something fancy and light; Kale with walnuts and Pear Salad. Tossed all the ingredients together with some of your favorite in-season items. Crisp fresh pears, sweet black grapes (or, you could use any type of grape), salty and creamy crumbles of Gorgonzola cheese, and crunchy walnuts.
To tie it all together, tossed it in a simple honey vinaigrette.
* 8 oz. Baby Kale Leaves
* 2 Pears, sliced
* 1 Cup Black grapes, halved
* ½ Cup Walnut, halves
* ⅓ Cup Sugar
* ⅓ cup Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
FOR THE DRESSING:
* ⅔ Cup Canola Oil
* ½ Cup Honey
* 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
* 3 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
* ½ Teaspoon of Dry Mustard
* 1½ Teaspoon of Salt
* ¼ Teaspoon of White Pepper
* 1 Tablespoon of Onion
For the Dressing: Put all elements in a blender and puree until perfectly blended. Keep refrigerated and whisk to re-emulsify before serving.
For the Salad: In a large bowl, toss together some kale leaves, pears, grapes, gorgonzola cheese, and walnuts. Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and stir well, and there you have it.
Main Course: Dijon & Brown Sugar Marinated Steak with Roasted Potatoes
This recipe could not be any simpler. Just rub your steaks in a simple three-ingredient marinade then grill to your desired doneness. You will devour this savory-sweet steak in no time.
* Extra virgin olive oil
* Dijon mustard
* Brown sugar.
That’s it! Don’t forget to season your steak with salt and pepper.
* Put 1lb of your favorite steak in a dish or bowl.
* Add extra virgin olive oil, dijon mustard, brown sugar, and lots of salt and pepper. Don’t be shy about pouring some salt and pepper!
* Rub the Marinade all over the steak
* Cover with some plastic wrapper and marinate for 1-4 hours in your fridge.
* After 4 hours, pull the steak out of the refrigerator and then turn on the grill up to high.
* Cook it for 5 minutes for each side.
* REMEMBER: Let the steak rest for 5-7 minutes before you cut it to keep it juicy and moist on the inside.
* After letting it rest, cut into several pieces, and eat up!
* 1 lb steak
* 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
* 2 Tablespoons dijon mustard
* 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
You can serve your steak with some roasted potatoes. All you need is just potatoes, extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika powder. Just sliced your potato into your preferred size and then tossed with extra virgin olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika powder. Roast your potatoes at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Don’t forget to flip halfway through. Voila!
Dessert: Honey Yoghurt Pannacotta with Strawberries
Perfectly end your 3-course meal with a Honey Yogurt Pannacotta with Strawberry. This recipe has the perfect balance of flavor. The yogurt is so creamy and tangy, while the honey adds just the right amount of sweetness. It goes perfectly with strawberries and isn’t too dense. The secret to a good panna cotta? Adding a pinch of gelatin. Just enough to let it hold its shape. Don’t be scared! If you are worried about unmolding the panna cotta, I suggest keeping it in a ramekin and then directly spooning the sauce on top. It will still look lovely.
* 1½ Cup. Honey Greek Yogurt
* 2 Tablespoon. fresh Lemon Juice
* ¼ Cup. Water
* 1 Teaspoon. Gelatin (powdered)
* 1½ Cup. Milk
* ¼ C. Honey
* Mint leaves, to garnish
* Put the honey yogurt and the lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
* Pour lukewarm water in a bowl and put gelatin powder on top. Wait until the gelatin set for at least 5 minutes.
* Put the milk and honey in a saucepan and bring just to a simmer. Add the bloomed gelatin to the milk and whisk in until it has fully dissolved.
* Pour ½ of the milk mixture into the bowl of yogurt and mix until combined. Add the remaining milk mixture and whisk until incorporated.
* Divide the dough between 8-10 silicone molds, or eight ramekins.
* Put it in your fridge for at least 3 hours, or until set.
* Put sliced strawberries on top of the Panna cottas. Garnish with a few slices of mint leaf.
Don’t forget the wine!
Wine with steak is a great way to elevate the flavors of both your drink and your food. You can’t go wrong with a Cabernet – often called the “people pleaser” of red wines. But if you can’t find any Cabernet, then it’s perfectly fine if you just choose your favorite!
Isn’t it easy? Even Gordon Ramsay would be proud of you. Call your friends, your families, or your co-workers and show them what you got with this fancy 3-course meal!