A Neighborhood Guide Through Tebet
South Jakarta is the most crowded place to go to. Tebet is one of the popular districts in South Jakarta known for its proximity to the CBD, edgy cafes and restaurants, malls, major transport hubs, and its top schools. Tebet also has its own residential area such as the areas around Ganefo Street and Nefo Street named to commemorate the Soekarno era, and much more! If you are a newcomer, you definitely need a neighborhood guide in Tebet.
Located next to Setiabudi, Pancoran, Dukuh, Ciliwung River, Jatinegara, Tebet has 7 sub-districts which are Tebet Barat, Tebet Timur, Kebon Baru, Bukit Duri, Manggarai, Manggarai Selatan, and Menteng Dalam. Manggarai is one of the most strategic areas of Tebet, it’s also one of the busiest places in Tebet and Jakarta being the host of a major KRL Commuter Line train station.
If you’re wondering what else Tebet has to offer, here is your neighborhood guide of things to do in Tebet.
Tebet doesn’t have many malls but the malls are big enough here to fit your needs, here are some of the malls you might want to visit in Tebet :
- Kota Kasablanka, one of the biggest mall in the area. Jl. Jend. sudirman kav 52-53, RT.5/RW.3, Senayan, Kec. Kebayoran. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190,
- TIS Square, a simple yet fullfilling country mall. Jl. Bulungan No.78, RT.6/RW.6, Kramat Pela, Kec. Kebayoran. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12130
Night Clubs and Bars
- Albero Music Bar and Lounge, enjoy a peaceful drink at a bar. Jl. Tebet Raya No.58, RT.2/RW.4, Tebet Tim., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12820
- HARRIS Hotel, enjoy dining in a hotel while enjoying their alcohol. Jl. Dr. Saharjo No.191, RT.6/RW.1, Manggarai Sel., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12960
- Em Karoke, enjoy a karoke and beer bar in the city. Jl. Tebet Raya No.18, RT.1/RW.2, Tebet Bar., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12810
Being the heart of culinary goods, coffee shops in Tebet are the way to go. Tebet has many coffee shops serving quality beans with nice places to hang out with friends, here are some of the coffee shops you must visit in Tebet :
- Journey Coffee, a simple and classic coffee shop that serves all kinds of coffee. Jl. KH. Abdullah Syafei No.78, RT.11/RW.5, Bukit Duri, Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12810
- Bengawan Solo Coffee, taste authentic coffee from Solo! SPBU Coco Pertamina, Jalan MT Haryono Kav. 18, RT.11/RW.5, Tebet Bar., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12810
- Sleepless Owls Coffee & Street Food, enjoy manualed brewed coffee and some street food from Indonesia. Jl. Tebet Utara Dalam No.27, RT.7/RW.2, Tebet Tim., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12820
- KOPIMANA27, enjoy coffee in its simple and modern interior place. Jl. Prof. DR. Soepomo No.45j, RT.14, Tebet Bar., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12810
Tebet is probably the most popular place for its culinary goods and restaurants. With a variety of taste and forms, from street foods to restaurants, Tebet will give you the best service for your tummy, here’s a list of those restaurants you must try in Tebet :
- The Cutt Grill House, enjoy grilled steak, chicken and seafood in this family restaurant. Jl. Tebet Barat Dalam Raya No.23, RT.7/RW.3, Tebet Bar., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12810
- Bebek Kaleyo Tebet, enjoy one of the most tastiest duck dishes. Jalan Lapangan roos No.49, RT.4/RW.1, Tebet Tim., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12840
- Larazeta Restaurant and Gallery, enjoy dinner in a luxurious restaurant. Jl. Tebet Barat Dalam Raya No.17 8, RT.8/RW.2, Tebet Bar., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12810
- The Forest Cafe and Resto, enjoy a western and Indonesian restaurant all together! Jl. Tebet Raya No.58, RT.2/RW.4, Tebet Tim., Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12820
The attractions in Tebet aren’t much but they are worth it since some of the introduce you to the culture of Indonesia, here are some of the places at Tebet :
- Kampung Batik Palbatu, explore batik’s from Indonesia and learn how to make them! Jl. Palbatu IV No.17, RT.9/RW.4, Menteng Dalam, Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12870
- Menara Air, visit Tebet’s heritage site! Jalan Menara Air 22, RT.7/RW.11, Manggarai, Kec. Tebet, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12850
- Taman Pintar Berlalu Lintas Tebet, enjoy a miniature traffic city garden! RT.10/RW.10, East Tebet, Tebet, South Jakarta City, Jakarta 12820
Public transportations in Tebet is strategic and diverse like any area in South Jakarta. Sometimes, people here also use their own vehicles or use online ojek services, but to avoid traffic, people usually just go in public transportations, here are some of the public transportations you could find in Tebet :
- Cars: There are some taxis in Tebet, although you can’t find them everywhere, you could find one of the taxi pools in Halte Stasiun Cawang Atas. Angkots in Kebayoran Baru aren’t as much as these taxis so you might want to rethink when you want to travel with angkot.
- Bus: TransJakarta is everywhere in Tebet, some of the terminals are Terminal Bus Manggarai, Halte Jembatan Merah, Kampung Melayu, Pancoran Barat, and much more!
- Train: The train stations of the commute line in Tebet are quite strategic, you could easily have access to go to these stations such as Tebet, Cawang, and Manggarai.
So, there you have a neighborhood guide through Tebet. We hope you have fun traveling around Tebet with this list of recommended places! Have fun!