Zone Guide: Bogor
So, are you about to come to Bogor for visiting or staying and you want to know how to get around Bogor? Well, the most essential thing is knowing the city first. Bogor is known for its fresh airs and culinary places, perfect for a weekend getaway, some of its popular places for spending the time are Puncak and Sentul. But, you’re probably wondering what other kinds of places does Bogor has?
Like Jakarta, all cities have their districts and sub-districts, sometimes not knowing these areas will get you lost or confused when finding an address. Bogor City has around 6 sub-districts, which are Bogor Barat, Bogor Timur, Bogor Tengah, Bogor Selatan, Bogor Utara, and Tanah Sareal, this includes 68 urban villages based on the data from the Domestic Ministry of Indonesia and these don’t include the sub-districts in Bogor Districts! Bogor Timur, Bogor Tengah, and Bogor Selatan are probably the most visited districts in Bogor, that is because these areas have malls, culinary goods, and entertainment. So, here’s a guide through all the recommended places in Bogor!
Bogor doesn’t have as many malls as Jakarta, that’s why some of the malls in Bogor are quite crowded, but they are still worth going to if you’re feeling to go shopping. Here’s a list from the most recommended mall to visit, to the least :
- Botani Square, Jl. Raya Pajajaran No.depan, RT.04/RW.05, Tugu Kujang, Kecamatan Bogor Tengah, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16127
- Lippo Plaza Bogor (Ekalokasari Mall), Jl. Siliwangi No.123, RT.01/RW.01, Sukasari, Kec. Bogor Tim., Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16142
- Transmart Yasmin, RT.05/RW.04, Cibadak, Kec. Tanah Sereal, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16166
- Cibinong City Mall, Jl. Tegar Beriman No.1, Pakansari, Cibinong, Bogor, Jawa Barat 16915
- Mall Boxies 123, Jl. Raya Tajur No.123, RT.01/RW.06, Kota, Kec. Bogor Tim., Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16141
Night Clubs and Bars
Bogor isn’t known to night clubs and bars, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t any of them! Here are some nightclubs and bars in Bogor, from crowded to peaceful places :
- X-One Nightclub and Karaoke, Jalan Siliwangi No. 25, Bogor, Java, Indonesia
- See Look Red, Jl. Raya Tajur No.3, RT.01/RW.01, Tajur, Kec. Bogor Tim., Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 1614
- Hoolie, Jl. Achmad Sobana No.64, RT.02/RW.07, Tegal Gundil, Kec. Bogor Utara, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16152
Bogor is known for its growth in coffee shops, the high demand in cozy places to hang out and coffee by Bogor’s youth has influenced it. There are many coffee shops that are worth visiting, but here are some must-visit coffee shops :
- Ranin Coffee, Jl. Alternatif IPB No.Desa, Cikarawang, Kec. Dramaga, Bogor, Jawa Barat 16680
- Popolo Coffee, Jl. Loader No.9, Baranangsiang, Kec. Bogor Tim., Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16143 | Jl Rasamala No.16, Curugmekar, Bogor Barat 16113 | Sumur Batu, Babakan Madang, Bogor, Jawa Barat 16810
- Kemenady Coffee, Jl. Pengadilan No.23B, RT.05/RW.03, Pabaton, Kecamatan Bogor Tengah, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16121
- Baked & Brewed Coffee, Jl. Salak No.6, RT.05/RW.04, Babakan, Kecamatan Bogor Tengah, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16152
- Dailydose Coffee, Jl. Pandu Raya No.141 A, RT.03/RW.16, Tegal Gundil, Kec. Bogor Utara, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16152
Bogor culinary restaurants are the best! They have great views, food, and great services, too. There are many restaurants along the Padjajaran road, but here we listed some of the best restaurants in Bogor :
- Lemongrass Resto, Jl. Raya Pajajaran No.21, RT.03/RW.03, Bantarjati, Kec. Bogor Utara, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16153
- Two Stories, Jl. Pajajaran Indah V No.7, RT.01/RW.11, Baranangsiang, Kec. Bogor Tim., Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16143
- Kedai Kita, Jl. Pangrango No.21, RT.03/RW.04, Babakan, Kecamatan Bogor Tengah, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16128
- Bumi Aki Puncak, Jl. Raya Pajajaran No.51, RT.04/RW.13, Bantarjati, Kec. Bogor Utara, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16153
- De’leuit Restaurant, Jl. Pakuan No.3, RT.04/RW.11, Baranangsiang, Kec. Bogor Tim., Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16143
Bogor is known for its famous attractions in Puncak, but there are more places you could visit in Bogor and here’s some of it :
- Kebun Raya Bogor, Jl. Ir. H. Juanda No.13, Paledang, Kecamatan Bogor Tengah, Kota Bogor, Jawa Barat 16122
- Taman Safari, Jalan Kapten Harun Kabir No. 724, Cibeureum, Cisarua, Cibeureum, Kec. Cisarua, Bogor, Jawa Barat 16750
- Pura Parahyangan Agung Jagatkarta Temple, Tamansari, Kec. Tamansari, Bogor, Jawa Barat 16610
- Floating Market Ah Poong, Cipambuan, Kec. Babakan Madang, Bogor, Jawa Barat 16710
Bogor’s public transportation isn’t as diverse as Jakarta. The only thing you’re getting yourself around Bogor is by depending on online ojek or angkot to get around. The most accessible way to get around Bogor is by angkot, little green minibuses, gatherings of which infest Bogor central streets. They can be signaled down anywhere along their route, they will stop anywhere to pick-up and so will stop anywhere along the route to let you off. Any angkots like 02 or 03 only depart from their terminals when the seat is complete. You can also install an ojek online apps or uber if you want to travel. now ojek online and Uber has been more efficiently accessed and spread a lot in Bogor.
People in Bogor either use that or they have their vehicles or they The only buses in Bogor are the buses to go out of town. Trains aren’t any different, there is only one train station in Bogor and that takes you to Jakarta or Sukabumi.
So, there you have a simple guide and recommended places around Bogor. There is so much more to see in Bogor and it’s exciting to explore more! We hope that this would help you!