Zone Guide: What’s in North Jakarta?
North Jakarta is one of the administrative cities in Jakarta. This area is led by a Major called Sigit Wijatmoko and helped by its Vice Major called Ali Maulana Hakim. This area is divided into smaller sub-districts which are Cilincing, Koja, Kelapa Gading, Tanjung Priok, & Pademangan. North Jakarta is famous for its marine called Pantai Ancol or Ancol Beach. With a total area of 1.46km2, it is populated with 1,201,683 people. The population density is 8,230 people/sq. km. (Wikipedia). In the past, North Jakarta was called Jayakarta. This area of Jakarta is quite dominated by Chinese people with almost 2 million people. There are lots of areas that are famous and known by tourists.
Mostly the residents’ area in North Jakarta is quite elite. Some of the areas in North Jakarta are Pantai Indah Kapuk, Kelapa Gading, Ancol, Pluit, & Mangga Dua. Pantai Indah Kapuk is well known for its elite resident’s area, and culinary areas such as coffee shops, ice cream stalls, and restaurants which are dominated by Chinese restaurants. Below, we listed several places that you can visit in North Jakarta:
Entertainment in North Jakarta
North Jakarta has many entertainments that you could go with friends, family, and even your couple! They have amusement parks or water areas, and more! Here are some of the places you can visit:
- Seaworld: You can enjoy sea creatures and animals in this water amusement park. Seaworld offers both educational and recreational things to the visitor. Jl. Lodan timur No.7, RW.10, Ancol, Kec. Pademangan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14430
- Dufan ( Dunia Fantasi): Basically, an amusement park with lots of attractions where you can enjoy and ride along with your family or friends. Jl. Lodan Timur No.7, Ancol, Kec. Pademangan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 1443
- Muara Angke Fishery Center: If you want to see seafood directly from the sea and even enjoy it on your plates you can get it here with bargain prices. Jl. Pendaratan Udang No.10, Pluit, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta
- Mangrove Forest: The purpose of this mangrove forest is to reduce abrasion in the coastal area. The place is quite pretty and has great scenery. Sometimes, local people come to take a photo here. 7 Jalan Katamaran Indah 1 RT.7, RT.1/RW.7, Kapuk Muara, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14460
Shopping Centres in North Jakarta
If you want to go shopping, Pluit is quite a good area for shopping for its shopping centers.PIK or also known as Pantai Indah Kapuk is also known for its entertainment & lifestyles. If you want to go shopping, there are several areas that you can visit to fulfill your needs for either entertainment or buying stuff. Here what goes on our lists:
- Baywalk Mall
Jl. Pluit Karang Ayu 1 No.B1, Pluit, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14450
- Pluit Junction
Pluit Junction Mall Lt. 6 & 8, Jl. Pluit Raya No.1, RT.21/RW.8, Penjaringan, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14440
- Pluit Village
Jl. Pluit Indah No.12, Pluit, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14450
- PIK AVENUE
Jl. Pantai Indah Kapuk No.6, RT.6/RW.2, Kamal Muara, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14470
Read also : Zone Guide: Depok Ultimate Guide
Entertainment on Islands
Since North Jakarta is a marine area you can travel to one of their islands, it’s outside the main area of Jakarta but perfect for having a getaway. Here are some the islands :
- Thousand Islands: A chain of over 100 islands (with a dozen open and developed for visitors), located just a couple of minutes from the Ancol.
- Other islands you can visit including Pulau Sepa, Pulau Bidadari, Pulau Klotok , etc. You can charter a small boat from Marina Ancol, Sea Safari, a helicopter from Halim Perdanakusuma, or a small plane from Halim Perdana Kusuma Airport.
- Port of Sunda Kelapa.In this area, you may spot lots of ships in the past that glorify the maritime world of Indonesia. Ancol Pademangan, North Jakarta City
- Angke Kapuk Nature Park is part of the mangrove forest. Inside this area are inn and restaurant sort of resorts that you can use to enjoy a holiday for you, your family or friends. Jalan Garden House No.4, RT.4/RW.3, Kamal Muara, Kec. Penjaringan, North Jakarta City, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14470
Museums & Educational Places in North Jakarta
North Jakarta also offers great selection if you are looking for educational but still recreational places:
● Maritime Museum, Exhibits 19 original ships from Jakarta. Jl. Ps. Ikan No.1, RT.11, Penjaringan, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14440
● Pluit Reservoir Park, Pluit Reservoir Park has a panoramic view of the Pluit Reservoir and high rise buildings from a distance. Jl. Waduk Pluit Sel., RT.10/RW.9, Pluit, Kec. Penjaringan, Kota Jkt Utara, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 14450
Transportations in North Jakarta
For transportation around North Jakarta, there are several choices you can try: Busway stations, taxis, bajaj, online transportations such as Gojek or Grab, train, commuter line, or even MRT.
Emergency Telephone Number
North Jakarta Police station, Jl. Yos Sudarsono, +62 21 431394, +62 21 491017, +62 21 490287.
For healthcare and safety, you can visit RS PLUIT, RS PIK, RS KOJA, ETC
So there you have a guide around North Jakarta. We hope you find what you’re looking for! Don’t forget to check out our other zone guides around Jakarta and outside Jakarta!