Zone Guide: South Jakarta
What comes to people’s mind after hearing South Jakarta would probably be the hyped places that are popular among youngsters in this area, the bilingual culture ( lots of elite international schools located here), fancy restaurants, bars, clubs, and elite household for the socialites of Jakarta. Want to know more about this area? Continue reading this guide to South Jakarta!
The prices of land in this area are generally higher compared to other zones in Jakarta. There are more mansions than houses and the majority of apartments are more upscale.
South Jakarta is divided into 10 districts, which are Kebayoran Baru, Kebayoran Lama, Pasanggrahan, Cilandak, Pasar Minggu, Jagakarsa, Mampang Prapatan, Pancoran, Tebet and Setiabudi. There are also several popular sub-districts in South Jakarta including Kuningan, Sudirman Central Business District, Setiabudi, etc. And not to mention the headquarters of the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (known as ASEAN) also takes place here. If you are an expat, this area would be very suitable for you because it’s a great location for those seeking both business and pleasure. .Here we have some recommendations on where to go, what to eat, and what to do in this upscale zone:
If you happen to be a city girl or guy we can give you some recommendations for a shopping mall in this area including:
- Gandaria City, Jalan Sultan Iskandar Muda Kav. 5-8.
- Kota Kasablanka (locally abbreviated Kokas), Jalan Casablanca Raya Kav. 88
- Pondok Indah Mall, Jl.Metro Pondok Indah No. 1, Pondok Indah.
- Pasaraya Grande, Jl. Iskandarsyah II/2, Blok M.
- Senayan City Jl. Asia Afrika No.19, RT.1/RW.3, Gelora, Kecamatan Tanah Abang, Kota Jakarta Pusat, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 10270
- Pacific Place Jl. Jend. sudirman kav 52-53, RT.5/RW.3, Senayan, Kec. Kby. Baru, Kota Jakarta Selatan, Daerah Khusus Ibukota Jakarta 12190
Want to look at Jakarta’s best shopping malls? Click here!
Nightclub & Bars
South Jakarta is also well-known for its elite bars and clubs. Below we give you some list to spend the night with your friends or colleagues:
- Apollo Bar & Lounge, Bellagio Boutique Mall UG Level, Jl. Mega Kuningan Barat VII, Jakarta 12950
- Dragonfly, Jl Jend Gatot Subroto Kav 23 Graha BIP Lt 1 Jakarta 12930,
- X-Lounge/Vertigo, Gedung Veteran RI 16-17F (in Plaza Semanggi), Jl. Gatot Subroto, Jakarta 12930
- Lasonta Discotheque, Jl. Palatehan I 29, Block M, Jakarta 12160,
- Blowfish & Puro, Jl. Jendral Gatot Subroto Kav.42, City Plaza at Wisma Mulia
Want to look at the best bars in Jakarta? Click here!
Due to the rapid growth of the coffee industry, South Jakarta has also various choices for coffee shops that are popular among youngsters.
- Crematology Coffee Roasters, Jalan Suryo No.25, Rawa Barat, Kebayoran Baru, RT.3/RW.6, Jakarta 12180
- Filosofi Kopi (FilKop), Jalan Melawai 6 Blok M No 8, RT.3/RW.1, Melawai, Jakarta 12160
- Lucky Cat Coffee and Kitchen, Plaza Festival Parkir Selatan, Jalan HR. Rasuna Said Kav. C No. 22, RT.2/RW.5, Kuningan, 12940 Jakarta. 24 hours.
For more coffee shops in South Jakarta, click here!
You can find fine dining restaurants a lot especially in Sudirman areas, western restaurants, Indonesian restaurants, etc.
- Eastern Opulence, Jl. Cake 1 No. 85, Dharmawangsa, Jakarta 12170. A fine-dining style restaurant that serves Indonesian cuisines in the heart of South Jakarta. Rp 600,000 for two people. Click here to see more fine dining restaurants in South Jakarta.
- Ayam Bakar Wong Solo, Jalan Lapangan Ros No. 27, Tebet, Jakarta. The traditional grilled chicken chain.
- Ecology Bistro and Lounge, Jl. Kemang Raya No. 6, Kemang,12730 (Near Aksara Bookstore).
For more amazing restaurants in South Jakarta, click here!
- Basoeki Abdullah, Jalan Keuangan Raya No.19, Cilandak Barat. The late Basoeki Abdullah was a famous painter in Indonesia and Dutch. Collection: hundreds of beautiful paintings, sculptures, masks, watches.
- Ragunan Zoo, Jalan Harsono RM 1. It is the only zoo in Jakarta and very popular. A ragunan zoo is a place for 295 species around the world. It was established more than 150 years ago,
- Kidzania, Pacific Place Mall 6th floor, Jalan Jend Sudirman Kav. 52-53. An educational indoor theme park
- Setu Babakan Betawi Cultural Village, Jalan Muhammad Kahfi II – Srengseng Sawah Jagakarsa. This area is a lake, but it is where the indigenous Betawi set up an area for outsiders to know their culture.
Want to find out more about Jakarta attractions? Click here!
Indonesian Government consistently always tries to improve the public facilities especially in the area of transportation to give welfare for people who reside in Jakarta.
- Car: There are lots of taxis, or transportation online for visiting South Jakarta. South Jakarta can be reached approx. 30 minutes from Soekarno Hatta International Airport and not to mention that both the Jakarta Inner and Outer Ring Road traverse around this area.
- Bus: The main Bus terminal is called Lebak Bulus Terminal. Another large bus terminal is called Blok M terminal that serves within the city and another area in Jakarta.
- Train: Several train stations are served by a commuter line such as Manggarai Railway Station. Our MRT also serves this area including HJ NAWI, Bulungan, Blok M, Blok A, Fatmawati, Lebak Bulus, Cipete, Sisingamangaraja, etc.
For more information regarding transportation in Jakarta, click here!
We hope this guide to South Jakarta will help you understand this side of the city more and introduce you to all the things South Jakarta has to offer!