If you are living in Bali, you should really try to golf at least once or twice. Bali is also known to be one of the most fascinating golf centres in the world. Of course, trying out golf can be nerve wracking due to its exclusive nature, complete with jargons and terms you are not so familiar about. What’s a par? What’s a driving range? Why are they calling the grass green? Don’t worry, we will teach you some of the real important stuff to help you be on your way. We’ll leave the rest of the teaching to the professionals (either to correct what we said or to add on to what we said), whom you can find in these locations. Here are courses, schools, and shops for golfing in Bali.
Important Terms in Golf
- Par: par is essentially the number of swings you can have to deliver your ball to the hole. For example, if there are 18 holes with a total par of 72, then you will need to finish each hole with only 4 shots.
- Tee: The nail-looking equipment that you need to place your ball in. If you play American football or rugby this should be familiar to you.
- Green: the area around the hole which has finely trimmed and maintained grass. It also looks way lighter in color than its surroundings. You will need to use a specific golf club called a putter to play while in this area
- Drive range: Drive is a long-distance shot in golf. Drive ranges are specifically made to train you for drive shots. Some of the places that will be mentioned below are drive ranges.
- Bunkers: a patch of grassless land filled with sand. Often surrounds the hole to make it more challenging for you to put the ball in it.
And those are the terms that we think could help you start with golf. We’ve made sure that we didn’t accidentally get the wrong definition, but best check with your nearby golf expert to be safe. With that, here are some of the fields that bali could offer for your golfing experience. A reminder that some of these places, while technically can be entered if you have enough money, are best left to the ones more experienced in golf.
Golf Course in Bali
1. Bali National Golf Club
Located in Nusa Dua, Bali National Golf Club is one of the best golf courses in Bali and has won 3 prestigious awards. This golf course has 3 different types of golfing environment spread across 18 holes. Holes 1 to 9 you will be surrounded by the river and tropical birds. While hole 10 to 16 will offer golf players a magnificent forest.
Location: Kawasan Wisata Nusa Dua Lot S 5, Benoa, Kec. Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80363
Open Hours: 6 AM-7 PM
- 18 holes (2300k IDR per player)
- Nine and wine (990k IDR per player)
- Club rentals: 600k IDR for 1 set
- Shoe rentals: 100k IDR for 1 pair
2. Bali Beach Golf Course
Bali Beach Golf course is located at Inna Grand Bali Beach Hotel and Resort. It is a preeminent golf course surrounded by tall trees and mounding lakes. This golf course is nicely constructed to test out golf players in any level. Their grass has been carefully designed and taken care of so it has a good putting surface. They also have good 9 holes for golfers of all levels.
Location: kompleks Inna Grand Bali Beach Hotel, Jl. Hang Tuah No.58, Sanur Kaja, Kec. Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80226
Open Hours: 8 AM-4 PM
- 18 holes (1175k IDR)
- 9 holes (975k IDR)
- Shoe rental (110k IDR for 9 holes, 150k IDR for 18 holes)
- Club rental (350k IDR for 9 holes, 450k IDR for 18 holes)
- Umbrella (70k IDR for 9 holes, 90k IDR for 18 holes)
- 1 hour driving range, 1 hour short game with up to 4 persons per instructor (950k IDR)
3. New Kuta Golf
This golf course is located above the magnificent limestone cliffs where you can see Dreamland and Balangan Beach as the view while you are golfing. With 85 hectares of land, New Kuta Golf has a championship standard course and is the best and most challenging golf course in Bali. They offer 5 sets of tees for a pleasant golfing experience for all levels of golf players. New Kuta Golf also offers you luxurious facilities such as a restaurant, bar, spa, and function rooms.
Location: Jalan Raya Uluwatu,, Kawasan Pecatu Indah Resort Pecatu, Jimbaran, Kec. Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
Open Hours: 6 AM-6.30 PM
- 18 holes for 2300k IDR (choose from 5 different sets of golf courses)
- 9 holes (morning): 700k IDR for domestic and KITAS holders, 1100k IDR for non KITAS holders
- 9 holes (sunset): 750k IDR for domestic and KITAS holders, 1100k IDR for non KITAS holders
- Club rental (520k IDR)
- Shoe rental (150k IDR)
4. Handara Golf Course
Ranked as one of the “Top 50 Greatest Golf Courses in the World” by GOLF Magazine, Handara is a must visit golf course when you are in Bali. Located in the Highlands of Bedugul, Handara has an exquisite view and scenery, top of the line hotel facilities, and a great dining venue. The golf course itself has a beautiful and lush tropical garden, nice weather and a magnificent view that will make your golfing experience here serene.
Location: Desa Singaraja-Denpasar Pancasari Sukasada, Pancasari, Kec. Buleleng, Kabupaten Buleleng, Bali 81161
Open Hours: 6 AM-8 PM
- 18 holes (1800k IDR)
- 9 holes (1000k IDR)
- Regular club set (250k IDR)
- Golf shoe rental (100k IDR)
- 50 Practice balls (50k IDR)
- Driving range lessons (450k IDR)
- On course learning lessons (1300k IDR)
5. Bukit Pandawa Golf & Country Club
This 18 hole world-class golf course sits above the limestone cliffs of Bukit Pandawa. Designed by JMP Golf, this golf course offers you an 18 championship-calibre par-3 golf holes with a scenic view of the Indian Ocean. Designed with spectacular rock outcroppings, terraced rice fields and views of the white sandy beach and ocean, Bukit Pandawa will make your golfing experience much more pleasant.
Location: Jl. Gunung Payung Banjar Panti Giri No.8, Kutuh, Kec. Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
Open Hours: 7 AM – 6 PM
Contact: +62 361 4725 989
- In- House Bukit Pandawa Hotel Rate (1250k IDR)
- Reductions for Residents with KITAS and sunset rate from 4pm: – 950k IDR on Mon – Thurs Excl. Public Holidays (inclusive of cart & caddie fees) – 1100k IDR on Fri – Sun & Public Holidays (inclusive of cart & caddie fees)
Maybe at this point you have played a game or two, and are looking for means to improve your golfing skills. Here are some schools you can try, offering lessons from which you can learn and enhance your putting skills.
Golf Schools in Bali
1. Leadbetter Golf Academy Bali
Location: The Maj, Bali National Golf ClubKawasan Wisata Lot S-5, Nusa DuaBali 80363 – Indonesia
- +62 361 773 852
- +62 822 6611 2828
- Private one-hour lesson for 1264k IDR
Includes state of the art golf learning technology such as trackman4 and GASP software to methodically improve your golfing skills.
2. Bali Golf Academy
Location: Jl. Raya Uluwatu, Pecatu, Uluwatu, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
- 688k IDR for half an hour lesson
- 1389k IDR for one hour session
- 2791k IDR for two hour session
Golf Shops in Bali
Maybe you want to practice your swings at home? Or maybe you just want to have a souvenir from Bali? Here are some golf shops you can visit!
1. Golf Bagus
Location: Jalan By Pass Ngurahrai No.909, Benoa, Kuta Selatan, Benoa, Kec. Kuta Sel., Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
Open Hours: Monday to Saturday 10 AM-6 PM
2. Pro Shop Sanur
Location: Jl. Inna Grand Bali Beach, Sanur Kaja, Kec. Denpasar Sel., Kota Denpasar, Bali 80227
Open Hours: 6 AM-7 PM
3. GoelaGoela Golf
Location: Jl. Sunset Road No.168, Kuta, Kabupaten Badung, Bali 80361
Open Hours: 10 AM-7 PM
And that is that! Courses, schools, and shops for golfing in Bali. We’ve also shared with you some terms and jargon that golfers use to help you start your way in golf. You might not be Tiger Woods, but Bali’s golf experience is something you can’t miss out on while in Bali.
Enjoy your golfing experience while trying a new experience of living in an accomodation with Flokq! Flokq offers you new accomodation option with a coliving concept that you can rent during your stay in Bali.
Want to know more? Contact Flokq at +62 813-1490-5690 or click the button down below!CLICK HERE TO FIND COLIVING OPTIONS IN BALI