South Tangerang Travel Guide
South Tangerang is known for its housing residents, the city is quite shady with many trees but it also gives an impression as a modern and simple area. The area is still developing over time and is not as crowded as Jakarta or Bogor. Many people working in Jakarta consider living here because it’s located right next to South Jakarta. The prices here are quite higher than in other zones in Tangerang.
South Tangerang has 7 districts that are Ciputat, Ciputat Timur, Pamulang, Pondok Aren, Serpong, Serpong Utara, and Setu. South Tangerang has 54 sub-districts as a whole. Some of the most known areas for culinary goods and entertainment are Pondok Aren, Ciputat, and Serpong. So, if you’re wondering what to do and where to go in South Tangerang, here are some recommendations for you!
South Tangerang is known for its big malls and modern living. The malls in South Tangerang is as complete as the ones in Jakarta, so if you’re looking to go shopping, here’s a list of those malls :
- AEON Mall BSD, Jl. BSD Raya Utama, Pagedangan, Kec. Pagedangan,
- Living World Alam Sutera, Jalan Alam Sutera Boulevard Kav. 21 2nd floor, Pakulonan, Kec. Serpong Utara, Kota Tangerang Selatan, Banten 15325
- Mall WTC Matahari, Jl. Raya Serpong No.39, Pd. Jagung, Kec. Serpong, Kota Tangerang Selatan, Banten 15326
- Lotte Mart Wholesale Ciputat, Jl. Ir H. Juanda No.1, Cemp. Putih, Kec. Ciputat Tim., Kota Tangerang Selatan, Banten 15412
Night Clubs and Bars
The nightlife in South Tangerang isn’t as wild as Jakarta but isn’t as boring as Bogor, if you’re looking for a less crowded place but still want to have fun, here’s some recommendation of night clubs and bars in South Tangerang you must visit :
- Enigma, Jl. Boulevard Raya, Ruko Paramount Digital Arcade, No. 12-18, Serpong Utara, Tangerang.
- Clique, Graha Sapphire Lantai 1-3 Jalan Boulevard Gading Serpong Blok M5 No. 9A Serpong Curug Sangereng Kelapa Dua, Curug Sangereng, Kec. Klp. Dua, Tangerang, Banten 15810
- The Barrels, Summarecon Mall Serpong, Jl. Gading Serpong Boulevard, Pakulonan Bar., Kec. Klp. Dua, Tangerang, Banten 15810
Coffee shops in South Tangerang is as good as Jakarta! It wouldn’t feel content without visiting one of the best coffee shops in South Tangerang, here’s a list of them :
- Cupten Cafe, Jl. BSD Raya Barat – Serpong, Sampora, Cisauk, South Tangerang City, Banten
- Home Brew Coffee and Eatery, Jl. Alam Utama No.1, Pakulonan, Kec. Serpong Utara, Kota Tangerang Selatan, Banten 15325
- Kopi Kalyan, Ruko Perkantoran No.21, Jl. BSD Raya Utama, Pagedangan, Tangerang, Banten
- Rosso’ Micro Roastery, Ruko Pasar Modern BSD Sektor 1 Blok R No. 21, Jl. Letnan Sutopo, Rawa Mekar Jaya, Tangerang, Rw. Mekar Jaya, Serpong, Kota Tangerang Selatan, Banten
Restaurants in South Tangerang are delicious and worth it although a bit pricey, if you’re going for lunch or dinner, here are some recommendations on where you should eat :
- Talaga Sampireun, Jl. Boulevard Bintaro Jaya Blok B7/N1, Pondok Aren, Tangerang Selatan
- Shabu Hachi, Jl. Menteng Raya Blok FG 2 No.28, Pondok Aren, Tangerang Selatan
- Hoghock, Ruko Golden 8, Gading, Serpong, Jl. Ki Hajar Dewantara No.5, Pakulonan Bar., Kec. Klp. Dua, Tangerang, Banten 15810
- Pigeebank, Ruko Paramount 7Cs, Blok DF2 No, RW.9, Curug Sangereng, Kec. Klp. Dua, Tangerang, Banten 15810
South Tangerang doesn’t have a many attractions, but you could still have fun, from natural resorts to modern entertainment, here are some of those attractions in South Tangerang :
- Situ Gintung, Jl. Kertamukti Pisangan Raya No. 121 Cirendeu, Ciputat Timur, Tangerang Selatan
- The Breeze, BSD Green Office Park, Jl. BSD Grand Boulevard, Sampora, BSD, Tangerang, Banten 15345
- Ocean Park BSD City, CBD Area, Jl. Pahlawan Seribu, Lengkong Gudang, Kec. Serpong, Kota Tangerang Selatan, Banten 15310
Public transportations in South Tangerang isn’t as diverse as Jakarta. People here either have their vehicles or they use ojek online services. The most accessible way to get around South Tangerang is by angkot, little green minibuses, they can be signaled down anywhere along their route, they will stop anywhere to pick-up and so will stop anywhere along the route to let you off. You can also install an ojek online apps or uber if you want to travel. now ojek online and Uber has been more efficiently accessed and spread a lot in South Tangerang.
Here are some of the public transportations you could find in South Tangerang :
- Taxi: There are some taxis in South Tangerang, although you can’t find them everywhere, their numbers are quite high, one of the taxis pools in South Tangerang is in Jl. Dewi Sartika No. 1, Cipayung, Ciputat. Taxi ranks are accessible outside the shopping malls and hotels. The main popular taxi companies of Jakarta, including Express and Bluebirds, also have a branch in Tangerang. Premium taxis like Silverbird will offer you much comfort and safety, but the charge is around 50% more costly than regular taxis.
- Bus: Like Bogor, South Tangerang doesn’t have public buses to get around the city, they have buses to go in and out of the city, one of them is the TransJakarta Ciputat.
- Train: South Tangerang has its own train line when it comes to the train commute line. Several train stations that South Tangerang has are Jurang Mangu, Rawa Buntu, Serpong, Pondok Ranji, and much more! Traveling by train is much more effective and efficient.
So, there you have a list of recommended places you should go to in South Tangerang. We hope it was a useful guide for you to get around in South Tangerang! Have fun and don’t forget to check out more recommendations on our blog!